Lake George Jazz Festival
Paul started it 34 years ago, programs and hosts it. All concerts are free.
- Great page from Electric Farm with quality videos and information on this year's Jazz At the Lake. Well worth your time.
- Jazz at the Lake: Lake George Jazz Weekend 2017, A Tribute to Jazz Innovation, Saturday and Sunday, September 16th - 17th, schedule at http://www.lakegeorgearts.org/lakegeorge-jazz.htm
Lawn Seating~ All Concerts are FREE
Special Saturday evening performance 7:30 PM:
Dave Liebman Tribute to Coltrane
"Credit Brooklyn-born jazz impresario Paul Pines—curator for all 33 of those festivals—with maintaining a consistently high level of artistry throughout those years. Former proprietor of Tin Palace, the renowned East Village jazz club he ran from 1970 to ’76, Pines is deeply invested in the music and is blessed with good ears and an open mind... One of the best-kept secrets on the Eastern jazz festival circuit, the Lake George Jazz Festival is a gem worth discovering."
-- Bill Milkowski, Downbeat Magazine, 9/26/2016
- September 17th and 18th, 2016 Full Schedule at Lake George Arts Project
Saturday, September 17:
1:00: The Brubeck Brothers
2:45: Charenee Wade Sings The Music of Gil Scott Heron
4:30: Tizer featuring Karen Briggs
Sunday, September 18:
1:00: Edmar Castenada Trio
2:45: The Gary McFarland Legacy Ensemble with Sharel Cassity
4:30: Amina Figarova Sextet
Special Saturday evening performance:
7:30: The Diva Jazz Orchestra
- "Poet of Jazz: Paul Pines in the Lake George Mirror Magazine, 10/15/15
- Nippertown 2014: J . Hunter reviews Jazz @ The Lake Day Two, J. Hunter's interview with Steve Bernstein, Mudd Club Meets Bird Land at This Year’s Lake George Jazz Weekend
- The Lake George Mirror 2014: Manuel Valera At This Years Lake George Jazz Festival, Women Leading Bands at this Year’s Lake George Jazz Festival
- Jazz at the Lake 30th year commemorative documentary preview